Dynamic Mentoring of the Skull Base Surgeon: Training Our Future
Friday, September 8, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
Abstract Submission Supporting Document:
2018 NASBS Manual for Abstract Submission Site»
NASBS will be accepting online submissions for either oral or poster presentation. Topics include:
- Anatomy Of The Skull Base
- Biology Of Skull Base Neoplasms
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak
- Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy and other treatments
- Complications Of Skull Base Surgery
- Craniofacial And Skull Base Trauma
- Craniofacial Surgery
- Diseases Of The Craniocervical Junction
- Endoscopic Transnasal Skull Base Surgery
- External Beam Radiation For Skull Base Neoplasms
- Functional Outcome And Patient Satisfaction Following Skull Base Surgery
- Head And Neck Tumors
- Imaging Of The Skull Base
- Inflammatory And Infectious Skull Base Conditions
- Innovative Techniques, Technology And Approaches To The Skull Base
- Intraoperative Imaging And Image Guidance
- Lateral Skull Base Surgery
- Medical Management Of Skull Base Neoplasms
- Minimally Invasive Skull Base Surgery
- Orbital Tumors
- Pediatric Skull Base Surgery
- Pituitary Tumors
- Quality Of Life After Skull Base Surgery
- Sinonasal Neoplasms
- Skull Base Neoplasms
- Skull Base Reconstruction
- Skull Base Surgery Around The World
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Temporal Bone Tumors
- Training, Education and Simulation
- Transorbital Skull Base Surgery
- Vascular Tumors
- Vestibular Schwannomas
There is a 500-word limit for abstracts. No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract or in the abstract title.
Important Notice: The following Abstract Submission Policies will be firmly enforced:
- No Previously Published Submission: The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published or presented prior to the 2018 NASBS meeting.
- No Dual Submissions: The abstract must not have been submitted to any other upcoming meetings.
- No Previously Presented Data: All abstracts must be new and original content OR include at least 50% new data if previously presented at a meeting.
NOTE: ALL content authors are required to disclose any financial relationship(s) with an ACCME-defined commercial interest. Also, no content author may be an employee of a commercial interest.
President Dr. Ian Witterick, on behalf of the NASBS, will be awarding three $500 Awards for the following categories:
- Best Clinical Abstract
- Best Basic Science Abstract
- Best International Abstract (Institution from outside North America)
The three awards are open ONLY to presentations that are selected for Oral Presentations at the 28th Annual North American Skull Base Society Meeting. All authors who intend to apply for one of the awards must notify the NASBS of their intent at the time of their abstract submission by answering the appropriate questions during the abstract submission and must submit a completed manuscript to NASBS by Friday, January 5, 2018 to be eligible (More specifics will be provided in abstract acceptance notifications). If you are selected as an award winner, you MUST submit your final manuscript to the Skull Base Journal by February 10, 2018.
Best Poster Award
On site at the meeting, one Poster will be selected for the Best Poster Award.
We encourage everyone to submit an abstract, whether or not you are a member of the NASBS. For general information regarding the meeting please contact: Stacy Kent at 310-424-3326 ext 157