The North American Skull Base Society (NASBS)
The North American Skull Base Society (NASBS), founded in 1989, is a professional medical society that facilitates communication worldwide between individuals pursuing clinical and research excellence in skull base surgery.
Purpose of the NASBS
- To promote the public welfare through the advancement of skull base surgery and related sciences.
- To disseminate information about the anatomy, physiology and clinical management of diseases involving the skull base.
- To promote education and basic and clinical research relating to diseases of the skull base.
- To promote mutual fellowship and cooperation among various scientific disciplines and organizations.
- To support, coordinate, and enhance efforts to generate scientific information useful to specialists in the care of diseases of the skull base
NASBS Past Presidents
Paul Donald 1989-1990 Laligam Sekhar 1990-1991 Ivo Janecka 1991-1992 Peter Smith 1992-1993 Albert Rhoton 1993-1994 Hugh Curtin 1994-1995 Derald Brackman 1995-1996 Ossama Al-mefty 1996-1997 Steven Newman 1997-1998 John Leonetti 1998-1999 Robert Spetzler 1999-2000 Ian Jackson 2000-2001 Vinod Anand 2001-2002 Jon Robertson 2002-2003 Jatin Shah 2003-2004 Patrick Gullane 2004-2005 Anil Nanda 2005-2006 Guy Petrozelli 2006-2007 Franco Demonte 2007-2008 Dan Nuss 2008-2009 Peter Neligan 2009-2011 Dennis Kraus 2011-2012 Carl Heilman 2012-2013 Ehab Hanna 2013-2014 Michael Link 2014-2015 Carl Snyderman 2015-2016 Jacques Morcos 2016-2017 Ian Witterick 2017-2018