North American Skull Base Society (NASBS)
The North American Skull Base Society (NASBS), founded in 1989, is a professional medical society that facilitates communication worldwide between individuals pursuing clinical and research excellence in skull base surgery.
Purpose of the NASBS
- To promote the public welfare through the advancement of skull base surgery and related sciences.
- To disseminate information about the anatomy, physiology and clinical management of diseases involving the skull base.
- To promote education and basic and clinical research relating to diseases of the skull base.
- To promote mutual fellowship and cooperation among various scientific disciplines and organizations.
- To support, coordinate, and enhance efforts to generate scientific information useful to specialists in the care of diseases of the skull base
NASBS Past Presidents
Paul Donald 1990 Laligam Sekhar 1991 Ivo Janecka 1992 Peter Smith 1993 Albert Rhoton 1994 Hugh Curtin 1995 Derald Brackman 1996 Ossama Al-mefty 1997 Steven Newman 1998 John Leonetti 1999 Robert Spetzler 2000 Ian Jackson 2001 Vinod Anand 2002 Jon Robertson 2003 Jatin Shah 2004 Patrick Gullane 2005 Anil Nanda 2006 Guy Petruzelli 2007 Franco Demonte 2008 Dan Nuss 2009 Peter Neligan 2011 Dennis Kraus 2012 Carl Heilman 2013 Ehab Hanna 2014 Michael Link 2015 Carl Snyderman 2016 Jacques Morcos 2017 Ian Witterick 2018 James Evans 2019 Ricardo Carrau 2020 John G. Golfinos 2021-2022